In this task I had to experiment with different materials to see what could work for my final bug design.
Wire
The first material is wire, I made three objects using it. A cube, a cylinder and a sphere. While It was a very malleable material it was very hard to control and caused me huge amounts of trouble when trying to create said objects. I made the objects using twi different wires, a thick black one and a thing gold one, the thick black one would be the base of the shape while the gold one was used to wrap around the black pieces and hold them together.
Below is a set of images that show the objects I made. I found the cylinder took up a lot of my time to make along with a lot of resources so I rushed my cube and sphere using less resources along with them.
In this image below I used wire along with other materials to create a 2D materialistic version of one of my previous drawings. This had the use of wire, string, cotton, glue, paper and a coloured powdery material. I created the body of the bug using thick black wire, once developed I got string and wool and made the limbs and antenna from both as these materials were easier to manipulate. To add colour I sprinkled some red and brown powder over the creation.
Mod rock
Here is a sample of me using mod rock to get used to the material. Instead of using a sculpture of a bug I used simple shapes of corrugated card.
Gum paper
The same technique was done for the gum paper, I skipped making a sculpture of a bug and instead tested how the material works, I wrapped together pieces of corrugated card and came out with this basic triangle shape.











No comments:
Post a Comment